Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Homework 2
Sept. 10, 2014

1) When and where did you meet?
We always meet after class is over: Mondays/Wednesdays and Fridays for a few minutes 

2) What did you discuss?
We resided on what type of game genre we would be making and also assigned duties to each member.

3) Did you take notes? Why? Why not?
I took notes in my computer, writing down the email address and phone number of my team mates as well as what individual duties they would work on. But mostly we have been communicating via email.

4) Did you transfer the contents of the discus to the computer?
Yes everything is type on my laptop, and also share on Google documents

5) Did you discuss the game document?
We discuss an outline for the game document, as well as creating 
a command list of controls including the story line and goals of the game, is share
on Google docs

6) Did you pick a team leader? Why? Who is it?
My teammates voted for me, for demonstrating good ability as an organizer


7) Please describe briefly some initial ideas regarding the game you plan on developing.

Elevator pitch: "Purgatory"

Female protagonist, inside a temple (Purgatory) she most find and exit that leads to heaven or hell depending on the collected items along her journey. Angels & Demons would appear making the journey difficult as well as pointing in the right or wrong direction at given times.

8) State on your blog the contributions you, the individual, made towards the team game in the last week.

As the art director of the game, the contributions I made last week have to do with the overall aesthetic look of the lead character and the world she would live in. I wrote an outline to my teammates, Justin and Adam, communicating my ideas about making the main character of the game a female hero. I believe my decision could help us reach a bigger audience. The gaming industry has been heavily saturated with male players and characters, so having a female hero could make the game friendlier to female players and capture a market that most designers overlook.

In addition to pitching a basic framework, I tried to envision how the horror game genre can be brought to life through the eyes of a female hero. I also communicated to my teammates that the world around the lead character could simply be a sinister haunted house where the main character has to enter in order to advance levels, we later updated this by switching to a giant maze. I sent my teammates illustrations supporting my views and ideas as well as sending a overall vision that could be potentially used for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment