Thursday, October 9, 2014

Homework 10

Updated of the score system without the debug properties view

  In this installment texture packaging and sound have been updated to run without any errors. In game particle system is generated to create fire. In addition I created a score system and distribute it to my team members to help develop the game HUD. By creating pleasant animations of Potions this would help guide the player to obtained and complete their journey giving them a visual reference on what to do next. 

Blender file:



Images: 

#A

#B


#C

#D





How did I do it?: I created an empty illustrated in slide (#A) attaching a score system (#B) a property integer that allows the objects in front of the main character to interact adding by a power of one every time the character shoots an object of interest. In addition to the score increasing, objects are deleted from the world, and this is done by creating a sensor that detects the collisions of two objects. I animated the objects (Potions) (#C) and gave them a rotation in the -x axis as well as adding point light to give it the appearance of red glow.

My contributions: to the team this week have been to develop and research the Art work for the game promotional Poster as well as conducting studies that would lead me to place a health bar and score system interacting together and ready for when the monsters attach the main character. I packaged in game textures and sound, as well as updating them to test they would run without any errors. I placed a node.py file as part of a particle system in python to create fire. I created a score system and distribute it to all my team members.


In addition, as a team leader I allocated our resources by delegating the focus into developing AI (Artificial Intelligence) for the monsters in game, and communicate the daily updates and task to members individually as well as supplying a series of tutorials to help them guide the next series of steps to make our game design a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment